NIHR Development and Skills Enhancement Award
If you are an NIHR Academy member who has recently completed, or will soon complete, a funding Award, you may be eligible for the Development and Skills Enhancement (DSE) Award, which is now open for applications.
It supports you to gain specific skills and experience for the next phase of your research career and to make you more competitive in the next funding application.
This post-doctoral opportunity is available for individuals based within NIHR Infrastructure/ Schools who meet the criteria to be an NIHR Academy member, and is open three times a year.
The award can be used to build a bespoke training programme to develop skills and experience in any academic area of expertise. Although not limited to these themes, the NIHR is particularly keen to see applications from people wishing to develop skills in:
- Health Data Science (case study)
- Clinical Trials
- Entrepreneurship and working with industry.
Applications will close on 29th July 2022 at 1pm and the Award will be available to start from 01 December 2022 to 01 March 2023.
For tips on applying for the DSE Award watch the recorded webinar.
Criteria to be an NIHR Academy member
An NIHR Academy member based within NIHR Infrastructure or Capacity Building Structures should satisfy all three of the bullets points below:
- Be undertaking a formal training/career development award, which should meet all of the following criteria: be competitive, include a training plan and have a defined end point (such as an application for further funding).
- Receive at least 25% funding from the NIHR* for salary/stipend over the lifetime of the individual’s award.
- Be hosted in a setting with a remit for research capacity development**
* for ARCs funding can be from NIHR or from an official co-funding partner
** This includes: NIHR BRCs, PSTRCs, ARCs, SPCR, SPHR, SSCR.