This call is an initiative by the NIHR in recognition of the need for further research-based evidence to underpin the prevention and management of overweight and obesity in adults and children.
Issues of particular importance for this call include the prevention of type 2 diabetes and increasing levels of physical activity.
The NIHR welcomes applications for new primary research studies and research that synthesises evidence to:
- evaluate the effectiveness of new, promising or existing interventions
- support the translation of effective interventions into practice
- improve adherence to individual, family or group health behaviour interventions or treatments
- investigate the durability of effect, or undertake longer term follow up of pre-existing research for existing interventions.
High quality applications proposing the use of novel and efficient study designs are encouraged, as are proposals that:
- will make use of pre-existing data sets
- investigate through models the impact of effective interventions on patients, the NHS or wider population.
For more information and to apply, please visit the NIHR Themed Calls website.