Funding for involvement and engagement
Patient and public involvement and public engagement activities require a budget. It is strongly recommended to include budget for both involvement and engagement in the grant application. In addition, there are several grant opportunities to gain additional funding for involvement and engagement activities.
Many of the partner universities have funding opportunities for their researchers for involvement and engagement opportunities:
- Keele University - Seedcorn funding
- Queen Mary University of London - Funding opportunities
- University of Bristol - Public Engagement Seed Fund
- University of Exeter - TREE funding
- University of Oxford - Public Engagement with Research Seed Fund
- University of Manchester - Emerging Engagement and Established Engagement
- University of Southampton - Public Engagement with Research – Development Funding
- University College London - Beacon Bursaries
Some funding agencies also provide grants for involvement and engagement activities:
- Science & Technology Facilities Council
- Wellcome Trust
- The Royal Society
- Economic and Social Research Council – Festival of Social Science
The School occassionally runs involvement and engagement funding calls. Information on these can be found here.
Finally, various learned societies have public engagement grants available. Some of these are exclusively for members, whereas others are open for anyone who conducts research in their field.