Aims and Strategy
The School for Primary Care Research is committed to meaningful patient and public involvement and public engagement. As such, the School aims to:
- Improve patient and public involvement and engagement reporting within the School, and review the process of monitoring involvement and engagement activities
- Promote both involvement and engagement through shared learning and dissemination of key resources
- Monitor diversity in involvement panels and research across the School
- Review the involvement and engagement capacity within the organisation of the School
- Collaborate with other infrastructures of the National Institute for Health Research to co-ordinate activities
No matter how complicated the research, or how brilliant the researcher, patients and the public always offer unique, invaluable insights. Their advice when designing, implementing and evaluating research invariably makes studies more effective, more credible and often more cost efficient as well.
- Professor Dame Sally C. Davies, FRS, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Adviser, Department of Health.