Talks and training
14 September Funding Strategies, Grant Writing Skills & RDS support
23 October How to implement a virtual programme for Patient and Public Involvement
Webinar: NIHR Academy and Esther van Vliet
The webinar will cover:
- why virtual PPI is now even more important
- key opportunities and challenges of virtual PPI
- an overview and introduction to virtual and hybrid PPI solutions
- guidance on how to identify PPI representatives using virtual platforms
- practical advice on how to facilitate PPI virtual meetings and events.
By attending this webinar you will discover:
- how to adapt your PPI programme to incorporate virtual and hybrid PPI
- practical guidance, tips, and resources to deliver PPI virtually.
- insights from a fellow researcher and PPI representative that you can apply to your PPI virtual programme of work.
6 November Introduction to qualitative research
Charlotte Albury & Catherine Pope
Charlotte will lead an introductory half-day overview of qualitative research, specifically designed for PhD/DPhil researchers:
Content will include:
- Defining qualitative research
- What is ontology and epistemology anyway?
- Thinking about data collection
- Sampling, access and gatekeepers
- Qualitative in qualitative research
12 November Adapting Research to the reality of Covid-19
24 November Research Methodology
Danielle van der Windt
1 December Mindfulness workshop
8 December Applying for NIHR funding
Nicola Melody (NIHR)
13 January My career journey
21 & 22 January Implementation science & Co-production
Keele Impact Accelerator Unit (IAU)