Helping women access information and support for their mental wellbeing after childbirth
- Principal Investigator: Holly Dorning
- 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2020
- Project No: 452
- Funding round: FR17
Researchers proposed to develop a short animated film which will provide mothers with information about their mental wellbeing after childbirth and to signpost them to sources of help and support.
The primary aim of this project is to support women who have recently given birth to recognise if they need support with their mental wellbeing and to inform them of where they can seek this help and support.
Our secondary aims include:
• raising the profile of our research to a wider audience
• inspiring conversation and engagement on the broader topic of postnatal care/mental wellbeing
• identifying areas of future research
We aim to engage women who have recently given birth or are planning to give birth, their partners and support networks, and GPs who provide care after childbirth.
As women from a wide age range, from different cultures and backgrounds give birth and may need support with their mental wellbeing, we are aiming to engage a very broad group of women with our video animation.
PI: Holly Dorning, UCL